Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2005 11 03
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Director Updates
OWW
Good morning, I’m Byron Jones and this is the Flight Director report for Thursday, November 3rd.

On Spirit, today is sol 653. She just completed about a 15-meter drive on sol 651 and is inching her way down Haskin Ridge on the other side of Husband Hill. Yesterday we had a big end-of-sol science discussion and determined that our long term goal was to get to place called Home Plate by around sol 800. And that is more for energy reasons rather than science reasons so that we can get better tilts for the upcoming winter.

On the other side of Mars, it’s sol 632 for Opportunity and she just completed a drive this week towards the outcrop called Ellas and she’ll be sitting there doing IDD work throughout the weekend.

Well that’s it for today, I’m Byron Jones, and that’s what’s happening on Mars today!
Tesheiner
> On the other side of Mars, it’s sol 632 for Opportunity and she just completed a drive this week towards the outcrop called Ellis and she’ll be sitting there doing IDD work throughout the weekend.

I think the name is "Ellas" (i.e. Greece) and not "Ellis".
See here:http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.p...indpost&p=25364
OWW
Thanks for spotting that, Tesheiner... For some reason the person doing the subtitles on the Flight director updates often gets the names wrong; Arabus, Pason etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.