Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Mi Products In The Analyst Notebook
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Tech, General and Imagery
slinted
We've all seen some MI images that were not in focus. Or a series of MI's taken from slightly different distances to the target, each of which has a part of the scene in focus. Well, those crafty fellows from the MI Team at the U. S. Geological Survey, Flagstaff Arizona have added some very interesting data products to the Analyst's Notebook as of the last release that solves this problem: Merged Focal Sections which take the focused portion of multiple MI's and make a single detailed reconstruction of the scene.

Merged images, Digital Elevation Maps, and very well crafted anaglyphs are available for most if not all of the MI targets taken over the first 450 sols:

Spirit Microscopic Imager Merged Focal Sections and Anaglyph Stereo Images
Opportunity Microscopic Image Merged Focal Sections and Anaglyph Stereo Images
CosmicRocker
Wow! Thanks for the links. I think we've seen a few of these images posted on the MER site in the past. I'd love to know the details of how they do it. These images are fine, and the anaglyphs are awesome. It sure would be nice to figure out how to do it for the recent MIs, so we wouldn't have to wait 90 days for the next release.

Thanks again, for posting that.
Pertinax
An old discussion from Markcarey's board might be of at least a little help.

http://www.markcarey.com/mars/discuss-1651...-mi-images.html

-- Pertinax
um3k
QUOTE (Pertinax @ Nov 4 2005, 09:09 AM)
An old discussion from Markcarey's board might be of at least a little help.

http://www.markcarey.com/mars/discuss-1651...-mi-images.html

-- Pertinax

Wow, that thread is over one year old! And look, I'm there! tongue.gif
CosmicRocker
Wow! Thanks very much, people. Those ImageJ plugins um3k found could be useful for quite a number of things. I downloaded ImageJ a while back, but didn't use it much. I think I need to reconsider, and download some plugins. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.