Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slashdot Article
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
helvick
Slashdot Article on the MERs

And I have Mod points for once at the same time smile.gif
mike
I predict that a large amount of the comments posted by slashdotters will be 'hilarious' jokes about how ALIENS ARE CLEANING THE ROVERS and how the ALIENS ARE HIDING BEHIND THE ROVERS and how ALIENS ARE BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I wouldn't mind so much if they were serious, but see, they're JOKES! HA HA HA HA HA. FUNNY.

slashdot does have interesting articles, though, and some of the comments are actually useful.. but, inevitably, most of them are HILARIOUS JOKES DESIGNED TO IMPRESS PEOPLE
helvick
QUOTE (mike @ Oct 26 2005, 06:14 PM)
but, inevitably, most of them are HILARIOUS JOKES DESIGNED TO IMPRESS PEOPLE

Couldn't agree more, the dominant /. culture is the smart ass but it's nice to have the opportunity to add some modding to the more intelligent posts and stomp on the more stupid ones. The current balance on +5 mods is 4 Jokes out of 12 which is about par for the course. There is a pretty decent discussion on engineering roubustness going on at around +2/+3.
mike
Yeah, the article has been pleasantly surprising so far.. maybe the slashdotters got all (most) of the stock jokes out of their system.
CosmicRocker
Gustav Crater??
Bill Harris
It's interesting to see how the clue-challenged view this adventure. biggrin.gif

--Bill
Burmese
Some writer -really- needs to get his dates right:

http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetai...51230&cat=World
lyford
Just IXNAY ON THE ASHDOTSLAY..... we don't want our quiet little corner of teh internets overrun by hooligans! No Slashdot Effect PLEASE!!!

*phew* - doesn't seems like we are linked to in the main article:P I, too used to hang out over there, but I grew tired of the GOATSE and NATALIE PORTMAN bits - noise to signal ratio way off. (helvick you can prolly date how long it's been since i lurked over there from those references) It got to the point where I would click first and read later so I would have a chance to cache whatever was being talked about before the poor guys server died from too many hits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.