Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colorized Opportunity Rover Video Sol 400-600
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
aldo12xu
Here's a colorized video of the Opportunity Rover driving from Vostok Crater to the Erebus Highway and South Shetland, from sol 400 to 600, generated mainly from front hazcam photos. Too bad they don't take as many hazcam photos for Opportunity as they do for Spirit. For that reason the motion is somewhat abrupt.......except when Opportunity is digging itself out of Purgatory Dune. That turned out pretty good.

Anyways, sit back and enjoy the ride. You can play the video off my homepage or video page.

Cheers,
Aldo.

Tman
Yeah, just enjoyed it... three times in a row! Due to (as you say) the abrupt (and fast) motion... and the Vegas Beach smile.gif like such surf music more and more.

The music part and the long sequence on/at Purgatory Dune... together perfect!
tfisher
Aldo, thanks for doing these movies! Despite being jerky, this is another great one.
aldo12xu
Thanks, guys! I'm also working on my own version of the digging out of Purgatory sequence. I think it's going to turn to be pretty cool, but there's a lot more manual work involved than I expected........Is there anyway to adjust contrast/sharpness on a batch level basis using Photoshop?
ElkGroveDan
QUOTE (aldo12xu @ Oct 21 2005, 10:37 PM)
........Is there anyway to adjust contrast/sharpness on a batch level basis using Photoshop?

I believe that Adobe Image Ready, which comes packaged with the later versions of Photoshop has that ability (I've just been too lazy/busy to sit down and figure it out).
dilo
Aldo, thanks! I do not remember if I already said it, your movies are great because they communicate a strong sense of adventure/discovery and, thanks to the perfect music, they are funny too smile.gif . Is a great idea, please keep doing it!
aldo12xu
Yeah, dilo, it'll be an ongoing thing. It was hard to imagine when I did my first movie last year that these babies would still be functioning. So here we are collecting photos for the sol 600 to 800 sequence! By next spring we'll have enough footage from both rovers for a full length feature! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.