Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Sky At Night
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Tech, General and Imagery
djellison
Did anyone see the Sky at Night last night?

Good DPS coverage, great interviews with JZ, CP and SS - but frankly, the highlight was the closing image at the end of the credits, it was a pancam frame with vertical exageration (i..e Phil-O-Vision)

ohmy.gif

I'll take a screen grab tonight and post it - but it looked like one of ours smile.gif Or at least 'inspired' by Phil, and the people who make Phil-O-Vision

Doug
helvick
QUOTE (djellison @ Oct 3 2005, 09:57 AM)
Did anyone see the Sky at Night last night?

Missed it last night but will probably catch it next Saturday (12:45-13:15). For those outside of BBC Land it should come online sometime over the next month or two at The Sky At Night Watch Online

Gotta love the BBC.
djellison
good 'ol Sky + smile.gif

I ACTUALLY watched it thismornin' over my bitesize shreaded wheat smile.gif

Doug
RJG
QUOTE (djellison @ Oct 3 2005, 03:52 PM)
good 'ol Sky + smile.gif

I ACTUALLY watched it thismornin' over my bitesize shreaded wheat smile.gif

Doug

If you're in the UK with access to BBC4 you'll find that Sky@Night is also repeated a couple of times on the Monday following the Sunday showing. I've just watched it at 8:30pm and it shows again at 00:15 tonight.
The actual times and day seem to shift around a bit from month to month but it's worth looking at the listings to avoid having to wait until the following weekend to see it on BBC2 or wait the couple of months for it to appear on the web site.
Life was easier before my video recorder fell apart...
Rob
dvandorn
I wish they'd run The Sky at Night on BBC America! That's the only BBC feed we get here in the States (well, at least it's the only one on my cable system)...

-the other Doug
djellison

If you unstretch it - it's the Columbia Hills from way back before sol 154

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.