Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visions Of Mars
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Conferences and Broadcasts
ustrax
Considering that we have a well known and celebrated author among us, how can there be no review on is new work?
Does anyone have already read and seen his book?
What can I expect from it?
(Close your eyes vikingmars...)
djellison
I've got it, read it, and am doing a review after I've done the Steve Q'n'A this weekend. smile.gif

I can sum it up though

"Get it"

Doug
vikingmars
Thanks Ustrax, I'll close my eyes !

smile.gif Don’t worry : I’m used to all comments (good and bad) and I’ll be glad to answer them ! Herebelow are those given when VoM was first issued :
- “VoM is showing renditions about past Martian water seas, but we don’t have yet the proof of their existence…” (=> answer : Sea contours estimations are following our latest knowledge) ;
- “VoM is participating to the global cover-up on Mars science : it shows the Martian sky as salmon pink instead of its true blue color…” (=> I gave all the technical answers you know already…) ;
- “VoM is too much “pro-American” : look at all those US flags put inside…” (=> answer : Only US spacecrafts have successfully landed on Mars, and US flags are put on spacecrafts from a long time now to pay a tribute to the strong commitment of American citizens, acting also as taxpayers, towards the peaceful exploration of space) ;
- “VoM is not enough promoting European space : look, there is NOT a single picture coming from Mars Express !” (=> answer : True : inside VoM there are only pictures I was able to process from raw data. Unfortunately, despite some good E/PO efforts, other agencies are not posting their raw imaging data on the Internet…) ;
- “Is VoM showing the real Martian colors ?” (=> answer : It’s an interpretation, but very close to reality. Colors on Mars are changing sometimes fast following many reasons, such as : (i) the Sun position and angle of view when the picture is taken, (ii) dust opacity in the atmosphere that changes the contrast… At the end of VoM, a full section is devoted to image processing and how the images were built…).
orbitmars
Hello !

I'm french and I'm webmaster of Orbit-Mars a website about Mars exploration, news, geology etc. with many pictures.

I'm very proud to show you pictures, on my website, from Vision of Mars by Olivier de Goursac ! You can look at these pictures here : Les images d'Olivier de Goursac . Thank you to Olivier to have allowed me to put on-line his images. Now enjoy ! wink.gif

Bravo for your excellent forum !
bye,

Olivier Poch, Orbit-Mars
PhilCo126
This is nice:

http://www.exploremarsnow.org/imagineMars.html
mars loon
QUOTE (djellison @ Aug 30 2005, 10:28 AM)
I've got it, read it, and am doing a review after I've done the Steve Q'n'A this  weekend. smile.gif

I can sum it up though

"Get it"

Doug

I agree "Get it" and quick.

There are several exquisite hi resolution/hi quality foldout reproductions of 4 pages including "Endurance" !

the book sets a new standard for reproductions

ken
mars loon
QUOTE (orbitmars @ Sep 4 2005, 01:27 PM)
Hello !

I'm french and I'm webmaster of Orbit-Mars a website about Mars exploration, news, geology etc. with many pictures.

I'm very proud to show you pictures, on my website, from Vision of Mars by Olivier de Goursac ! You can look at these pictures here : Les images d'Olivier de Goursac . Thank you to Olivier to have allowed me to put on-line his images. Now enjoy !  wink.gif

Bravo for your excellent forum !
bye,

Olivier Poch, Orbit-Mars

Olivier,

you have a nice website. thanks for posting I will add to my favorites.

Although I dont read french, I am able to figure out a good amount. Perhaps you can add occassional captions in english (or german). From what I can understand, my only critique is that there are some significant time gaps in the reports. the pictures appear to be more comprehensive. "Orbit Mars" is worth visiting!

ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.