Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sol 101 Sunset Movie
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
djellison
http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/doug_im...O101_sunset.mov 0.5 meg

Right - I've GOT to go to bed or I'll not get ANY sleep - I've gone raw image nuts thisevening smile.gif
glennwsmith
OK, I'll bite -- it's beautiful, but what is it?
djellison
Sunset on mars. L4,5,6 - Opportunity, Sol 101 smile.gif
deglr6328
Soooo COOOL!! I'm there! Thank you so much for doing this DJ! I just can't help but think of all the previous astronomers (and amateur astronomers) throughout history who had little more than a dot in the sky to look at. No matter how desperately they may have wanted to see what that muddled red dot really looked like, they could never know it. The information was totally hidden from them, forever beyond thier grasp and they just had to live with thier imagination and die with the mystery. Now, I can turn on a box in my house and look at a sunset on that dot. The whole damn thing is so beautiful in ways I can't even begin to express......
Tman
Not quite real, but regarding the roughly data very nice. smile.gif

Just a thought, I wonder whether they couldn't sequently shot faster the pics to obtain more movie-like sequences? Even the filter wheel should be able to change every few seconds?! Also a little change of the direction shouldn't require that much time.
RNeuhaus
QUOTE (djellison @ Aug 17 2005, 01:46 AM)
Sunset on mars. L4,5,6 - Opportunity, Sol 101 smile.gif

I am not good for space slangs. Shall anyone tell me what does the following words: L4,5,6 mean?

I have seen many post relating to these words R1,2, L4,5 etc.

I think that these slangs are related to the position of Navcam Left, Right and the numbers are related to the filter factor (close to red, close to blue)?

Rodolfo
dot.dk
RNeuhaus:

http://www.ominous-valve.com/pancam.html
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.