Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sol 244 - L2 Mosaic
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
djellison

http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/doug_images/O244_L2.jpg 250kb

I've been trying to find as big a mosaic of the inside of Endurance crater as I can- and sadly I think this is about it. There's the Burns Cliff pan - but that's 180degrees infront of a cliff...this is about 150 degrees looking back across the crater from below Karatape - and it's only L2- but I like it.

Doug
ilbasso
Beautiful work, Doug! It sure feels like ages ago that we were speculating whether Oppy would *EVER* leave Endurance! It's hard to believe that it was more than a year ago that we were watching Oppy inch her way downward, skirt the dunes, and fight her way around Wopmay!
dilo
Doug, Nico has a huge, breathtaking Endurance mosaic here:
Sol 117-123
Nix
ohmy.gif of course you like it! Who wouldn't?!? It's spectacular this viewpoint tongue.gif

Dilo; I appreciate you mentioning the sol 117-123 pan but that's another viewpoint..this one sure offers a good look at the inside of the crater, and its dunefield.

Nico
djellison
QUOTE (dilo @ Aug 17 2005, 05:26 AM)
Doug, Nico has a huge, breathtaking Endurance mosaic here:
Sol 117-123

Oh - I know - they're awesome, BUT, they're not from Inside the crater. smile.gif I was looking for something a bit different biggrin.gif

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.