Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bow Tie Guy -- Best Face On Mars Yet
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Edmover
Okay, gang, this is so good that I, a lurker of long standing, have been forced to post something.

Look at this Opportunity photo:

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all...AP2561R1M1.HTML

In the upper right there is a man's face emerging from the sand. He looks to the distance preoccupied with some inner turmoil; yet he fixes his bow tie -- multitasking as he prepares for some coming event that requires his ever so trim presentation. As you magnify this photo, the illusion's strength hardly diminishes in it's potency.

Hopefully, this face will launch a thousand ships to Mars as Earth sends it's best to shake those hands and look more directly into the eyes of the first true Martian contacted. We know their color already -- blue.

Of all the forums, I choose here to announce the discovery -- as a prize to all here who have contributed so much to my addiction to the rovers.
djellison
OMFG you're right. Theres a little face. About time as well, there was a nice grecco-roman statuette over in Gusev a few months back ohmy.gif

tongue.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Edmover
Okay, I know, this is not going to be believed, but oh, ma, gawd......

The Bow Tie Guy is actually a depiction of one of our most famous American Presidents.

Can anyone guess which one he is?

Go here for his proper place smile.gif

http://www.duveyoung.com/The%20Bow%20Tie%20Guy.htm

Edg
djellison
QUOTE (Edmover @ Mar 15 2004, 02:58 AM)
The Bow Tie Guy is actually a depiction of one of our most famous American Presidents.

No, it's a rock - but whatever floats your boat. ohmy.gif
Gray
- A good chuckle to start the week. Thanks
jmknapp
There was another pretty good face a while back:

FACE sol 24
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.