Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Erebus Crater
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
general
Erebus Crater looks like it's two craters, with a smaller one on top of a larger one. Which of the two is the 'real' Erebus? In other words, when does Opportunity arrive at Erebus: when it reaches the rim of the largest crater or the smaller one?
Cugel
Looking at that picture I think Oppy might cross right over Erebus without noticing anything but a few small and scattered outcrops. It looks really burried and old! BTW, I hope I'm wrong about this and that "The Etched Terrain" can live up a bit more to its name. So far it has been something (a lot?) of a disappointment.
Phil Stooke
The smaller one is Erebus, the larger one is Terra Nova. The full resolution imakes make Erebus look a lot more interesting. I don't think it will be disappointing.

Phil
Sunspot
Merdiani Planum: including Eagle Crater, Endurance Crater and south to the Etched Terrain and Victoria Crater:

http://www.msss.com/moc_gallery/r10_r15/im...4/R1400021.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.