Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simulated Hirise View Of Opportunity
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Orbiters > MRO 2005
djellison
Using that BnW 20x20metre image they released of Oppy in its current 'situation' - and the colour self portrait from 100 sols ago or so... I made a preview of what Oppy might look like today to HiRise..

Cool eh smile.gif I've blown it up 500% from being at 33cm/pixel - but thats what the resolution is per blown-up-pixel...33cm a go.

As a comparison - here is a simulated CPROTO image from MGS - at 1.5m/pixel horez, and 0.5m/pixel down track..

A WORLD of difference smile.gif

Doug
jamescanvin
QUOTE (djellison @ May 19 2005, 02:30 AM)
Using that BnW 20x20metre image they released of Oppy in its current 'situation' - and the colour self portrait from 100 sols ago or so... I made a preview of what Oppy might look like today to HiRise..

Wow, can't wait for the real thing smile.gif

Here's hoping that MRO doen't get to take this picture of Oppy in her current situation! unsure.gif

James
hendric
Hey doug,
Can you try projecting a late-afternoon shadow onto that photo? For example, one made when the shadow is about 3-4 times as long as MER? I bet that's what they're going to show today...
Lorne Ipsum
QUOTE (hendric @ Oct 5 2006, 10:57 PM) *
Hey doug,
Can you try projecting a late-afternoon shadow onto that photo? For example, one made when the shadow is about 3-4 times as long as MER? I bet that's what they're going to show today...

Nope, what you want to see is right here:

http://hiroc.lpl.arizona.edu/images/TRA/TR...pportunity.html

The rover is easily spotted, as are the shadow of its camera mast and the tracks the rover has made recently.

Lorne
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.