Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Soviet-Russian Venera 1962 to 1982 spacecraft
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post Nov 21 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #16

Guests

The early Venera capsules (Venera 1 to Venera 8) had in facrt 2 antennas: One foxed at the centre of the top and one that was deployed on a approx 2 meter long cable. Some good images of the Venera 4 ground tests: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cBHtUFwRT8

A nice video with lots of schematic drawings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IINGA7Ju0...feature=related

And a nice scale model showing the descent module (containing the lander) ontop of the orbiter:

I combined your two posts - Moderator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post Dec 1 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #17

Guests

Very interesting Venera weblink (German): http://www.bernd-leitenberger.de/venera9-16.shtml

+Quote Post
mps
post Dec 1 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #18

Group: Members
Member No.: 3964

PhilCo, I found from a book a very similar schema of Venera 9, however there are some differences.
In the German article number 15 refers to magnetometer, but in the image below both '4's (in the German article as '14' and '15') are attitude thrusters. In the image below magnetometer is '3'

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post Dec 12 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #19

Guests

In posts #09 and #10 we discussed the Venera padobran (parachutes) so I wanted to post one more image.
Remember later Venera landers had a single large main chute of which I'll post an image later... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Decepticon
post Dec 12 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #20

Group: Members
Member No.: 114

This is great Stuff!!

It was so hard to find things like these before.

I appreciate these pics and links everyone!

+Quote Post
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post Dec 13 2008, 09:12 AM
Post #21

Guests

And another one by a Soviet-Russian space artist who made a nice choice of colors:

+Quote Post
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post Dec 15 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #22

Guests

Yet another artist' impressions of the Venera lander on the surface:

+Quote Post
Juramike
post Dec 6 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #23

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1345

Here is a reworked image of the Venera 14 Camera 1 panorama. Camera 1 is on the soil sampler side.

Attached Image

I took all the Venera 14 images processed by Ted Stryk and tried to align them up and play with the color.
The predicted changes of the calibration target due to temperature, presssure, and predicted lighting were done by Don Mitchell (here).
I used this to compare to the calibration target on the camera 1 side.
Camera 1 side is facing towards the light source.

A Soviet emblem can be seen on the base of this side of the lander as a pentagonal shape. Normally silver, after color adjustment it appears to be reflecting orangish-yellow light (good!).

(I was trying to get all fancy and do a polar projection. That didn't work so well.)

--------------------
Some higher resolution images available at my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31678681@N07/

+Quote Post
Juramike
post Dec 6 2009, 05:54 AM
Post #24

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1345

And here is the Venera 14 Camera 2 adjusted panoramic.

Attached Image

Note how the green end of the calibration target matches the background rock.
(I also tried to get rid of some of the vertical striping in the images.)

--------------------
Some higher resolution images available at my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31678681@N07/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:42 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.